Resources and answers related to digital asset research and trading.
- How does TokenMarket work? ∙ TokenMarket offers a unified platform for researching, buy and trading tokens in the emerging decentralized technology space. What is TokenMarket not needed.
- How TokenMarket benefits me? ∙ TokenMarket offers research and data points of digital assets to make investment decisions
- What is TokenMarket? ∙ TokenMarket is a service to trade and research digital assets
- Address ∙ Address is the account number used in decentralized transactions
- Bitcoin ∙ The first cryptocurrency gaining mainstream momentum
- DAO ∙ Organization that is solely based and ran on smart-contracts.
- Digital asset ∙ Assets in digital (binary) format.
- Functional token ∙ Digital asset with functional properties besides value
- Smart contract ∙ decentralized program that functions on defined rules created with scripting languages, which can be either integrated into the protocol or dynamically created.
- Bitrex ∙ A popular digital asset trading service
- BitTrex ∙ A popular digital asset trading service
- Cryptocurrency exchange ∙ A service to trade cryptocurrencies and digital assets to fiat currency or other digital assets
- Github ∙ Popular open source software development repository service
- Poloniex ∙ A popular digital asset trading service
- Slack ∙ Real time chat for teams
- Telegram ∙ Real time mobile chat
- Blockchain ∙ Generally described as a decentralized ledger, that may have additional embedded functionality, or the ability for user scripting of functionality
- Codebase ∙ Origin of the source code of the project
- Consensus ∙ Consensus is generally considered an agreement in the decentralized network to make significant changes. The difficulty of consensus varies by the scope of the project.
- Consensus algorithm ∙ Mechanism deciding
- Consensus Mechanism ∙ Consensus process: the method of action for network or project creators to decide on changes to the decentralized system
- Delegates ∙ A process where the protocol designates certain entities based on various factors to secure transactions on the network.
- Mining ∙ Mathematical way of verifying transactions in a decentralized secure manner where participants are generally rewarded for dedicating resources.
- Pre-mine ∙ When the creators of a decentralized token keep a portion for themselves either by allocating funds before launch or self-mining before publicly releasing information to other miners.
- Pre-mined ∙ A digital proof-of-work asset where notable amount value is giving to founders directly, instead of going through mining process
- Proof-of-stake ∙ A mechanism of securing the network of a decentralized protocol, by honoring entities who hold funds in the system. Some system use delegates whereby certain entities are rewarded more for positive activity within the system.
- Sharding ∙ Horizontal partition of data in a database (like blockchain) or search engine.
- Testnet ∙ A testing network for a decentralized project, that allows testing of experimental features.